Forum Discussion

StephanieMcClel
Community Member
13 years ago

Hover State "Normal" doesn't disappear on Hover State

I've set up several images that when hovered over, will show another image (in it's place).  All hover states have been set up the same way, but only a few work correctly.  On a some of the images - the hover state works correctly, but the normal state doesn't disappear under it.

marinaraynis
    Community Member

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you so much for pointing me to that discussion.  It is very helpful, I will try those ideas!

• I am having the same problem, it seems to be some kind of bug, do you have any idea if it will be resolved?

• Hi Leslie! Tell me more about what's going on with your states.  Are you seeing the normal state behind another state? 

Try using a custom state instead of a built-in state (like Hover or Visited). If that doesn't help, share a sample of your file, and we'll take a closer look!

KevinKnott-c4f9
      Community Member
      Alyssa Gomez

Hi Leslie! Tell me more about what's going on with your states.  Are you seeing the normal state behind another state? 

Try using a custom state instead of a built-in state (like Hover or Visited). If that doesn't help, share a sample of your file, and we'll take a closer look!

I'm also having this problem. Whilst your solution does work, I think with is just a workaround rather than a fix to what looks to be an 8 year old problem.

It's also worth noting using your solution can break the file in other ways. For example a slide with multiple links that are set up this way can cause them to randomly disappear on rollover.

When is this basic feature going to be fixed?

• I'm curious to know if this issue has been looked at by Articulate. I am having the same issue with the Visited state, if a user clicks it the Normal state is visible behind the Visited state. The workaround is creating a box the same color as the Normal state icon to "cover it up" but that won't work with pictures, etc. 

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello Natalie!

Thank you for sharing that you're impacted as well! Our team is currently looking into this bug, but I don't have a timeline to share just yet. When I do, I'll be sure to return to this discussion with an update!

JurgenDeKind745
        Community Member

I dont understand that issues like these are a few years old and still not fixed. I understand that the dev team needs to follow a roadmap and doesnt have time for extras, but there should also be time available for fixing bugs reported by users.