Forum Discussion

DeepakMohanty-5
Community Member
8 months ago

How to replace screencasts (step-by-step slides) captured in Storyline 360 screen recording?

I've captured a demo using Articulate Storyline 360 and have added the screen recording as step-by-step slides. Now, I need to localize the content to another language for which I wanted to just replace the screenshots for each slide.

I don't see an option to just replace the graphics as these are all inserted as step-by-step from a captured screen recording. This is indeed a drawback when we work on multiple localization projects. Is there any way to do so other than inserting the new screenshot on top of the existing screencast?

Thanks,

• Hello Deepak,

Thanks for reaching out!

You'll find the screenshots/graphics of a step-by-step interaction in Storyline 360's Media Library. You can use the Replace functionality to change your background images there. 

Hope this helps!

• Hello Jose, 

Yes, I figured that out, and it makes it super easy replacing screenshots and audio files for individual slides.

However, the downside of using screen recording and then adding those as step-by-step slides don't really help much as each slide might have action items in it (visible in action fine tuning). 

For example, if one slide has scroll bar movement or hover over (captured in Storyline screen recording), then replacing the graphic via Media Library only replaces that capture with a static image. 

Thanks anyways!

P.S. - I guess for my translation projects where I need to quickly replace application screenshots for different languages, adding individual screenshots for each slide is a better option that screen recording (+ step-by-step) and doing it via Media Library.