Forum Discussion

BenCarr-4e2551b
Community Member
6 months ago

How to Sync the Timeline Across All Layers

Hello Storyline Community!

I'm looking for some help. :)

I've created a "video" using screenshots, animations, and narration on multiple layers. I'm trying to find a way to sync the timeline for a slide that has multiple layers, specifically layers with their own narration. What I would love is to have one seamless timeline across all layers for this slide. Knowing that each slide has it's own animations and narration. 

Solution #1: I've tried creating cue points to trigger showing the next layer in order to extend the timeline, it worked well until I tried to seek backwards. Which played two narrations on top of each other. 

Solution #2: I changed the layer properties to allow seeking: "yes". Which so far seems to be the best solution. It allows the learner to pause, stop, and play the timeline on each individual layer. However, it does not let them seek backwards to previous layers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

• Hi Ben!

Thanks for reaching out!

It would be easier for the community to offer design suggestions if we could have a closer look at the Storyline course you've built out so far. Would you be comfortable sharing a copy of your .story file here in the discussion? If you'd prefer to share it privately, please connect with us through a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!