Forum Discussion

CindyHoll
Community Member
8 years ago

Learner Notes - Input Boxes

I would love to have a section that could be reachable at any point in the course for users to make notes or to comment?  Has anybody seen any work arounds? Seems like a HUGE feature request, its just that our case studies and focus groups are showing that the end user want's to be able to make notes.

• Add mine too. My current workaround is creating a small summary of the main concepts with space for notetaking as I transform the document into a PDF - Form and allow them to download it from the course.

brymatulay
    Community Member

This doesn't look promising (nor help Articulate's image) when folks have been asking for over 6 years en masse. 

• Agreed with all of the above - each time I look for updates I hope that the team will at least ADDRESS WHY we don't see this enhancement. It's a top question at the vendor booth too! For 2 years in a row at DevLearn it has come up. 

MandyWheadon
    Community Member

Any updates on this essential feature? It looks like users have been requesting this feature for YEARS - would love an update!

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Mandy, 

We don't have anything new to share regarding the feature request, but I went ahead and added your voice to the report. This helps us track how many community members have requested a specific feature. We'll be sure to let everyone subscribed to this thread know when this feature makes it to our product roadmap!

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts in this thread, Cheryl! 

I’ll go ahead and include your voice to the report. We’ll update this discussion if this feature makes it on our feature roadmap.

I hope that you have a great start to your week! 

• Readers of this thread might want to check out another discussion here:

Adding a text box for user input in Rise360 - Rise 360 Discussions - E-Learning Heroes - Page 2 (articulate.com)

The solution I've been proposing on this thread isn't quite what is being discussed here - it is about collecting notes from the learner at specific points in the course and then including them in a course handout at the end of the course...

...But Phil Foss posted an interesting pop-up solution he has working in RISE that would appear to allow the learner to make notes at any time. Both my methodology using Storyline and Phil's pop-up use local browser storage because RISE doesn't have variables so you need to store the text input somewhere.

The data persists if you leave the course and come back BUT not if you clear the browser cache, switch browsers or change devices to resume the course which is why we need a native solution within RISE.

RAQLearning
    Community Member

Hello - I agree I am looking at more ways to engage the learner with the content . A notes (reflection) option would be amazing in RISE. Has this been looked into? I couldn't find anything in the thread other then Storyline templates. Thanks brains trust!