Forum Discussion

KatherineBehm-A
Community Member
3 years ago

LMS for Clients

I'd like to put a storyline course on an LMS for a client; a small business that doesn't have, nor need an LMS. It's in a scorm file. 

I can't afford Blackboard, TalentLMS, etc. Moodle is an option, but setting up and managing the admin for a Moodle LMS is not my strong suit.

Is there a group of one-man-band eLearning designers who've joined together to subscribe to an LMS? 

Any ideas for one-off courses?  

Thank you in advance. 

• Wordpress/Learndash/Tincanny is a good option but you will need the technical knowledge to manage it.

Sciormcloud allows you to pay per user. Most LMSs are not economical for a single course, do they require tracking?

• From my point of view Blackboard and Moodle are over kill unless your a school with very narrow requirements.

I've done a little worth with D2L thats not a bad middle ground for a SME, but Its kind of amazing how much you can do with wordpress and a few hundred lines of code, That said theres some really sold Off-the-shelf plugins that can do most of the hevely lifting.

The hardest from my point of view is hosting, and maintenance, and maby enrollment. We've had customers with 2-3k users with out and issuie, on wordpress, running on very reasonable hosting.

I think Phils got a demo site kicking around somewhere.

• For this one course, tracking to ensure the employees finished the training, beyond that. no. Thank you both, I'll revisit WordPress as an option and will check out sciormcloud.  You both rock. K