Forum Discussion

ChelseaCarl
Community Member
3 months ago

LMS Reporting Score Incorrectly

Hello!

I've created a SCORM activity worth 10 points. I've made it in such a way where students have unlimited attempts on every question, and thus it's only possible to get 10 out of 10 points (100%).

However, when I test the activity and check the LMS gradebook, it always shows up as 7 out of 10.

I've attached my file to this post, if anyone has any suggestions as to what the issue is would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chelsea

• Question slides 1.18 and forward do not have points associated with them. Perhaps you are not getting the expected points recorded because of this.

• The Results slide in the file you attached scores 17 questions. Of those, questions 11-17 assign 0 points for a correct answer. 

It seems like that should still show 10 points when the first 10 questions are answered correctly. But, somehow, the program must be including the 7 zero-point questions in the scoring math. 

So here are some options:

• In the Results Quiz Settings, remove questions 11-17, so those won't be included in the score. When I did this and previewed the entire quiz, it showed my score as 100% and 10 points, as expected. 

or

• Add a point to questions 11-17, and have the Results slide score all of the questions.
      • You could show or not show the total points, as desired. IMHO, because someone only gets to the Results slide with a score of 100%, showing total points doesn't add any meaningful info. It could even be confusing, since the points don't equal the number of questions.
      ChelseaCarl
      Community Member

Hi Judy,

Thank you so much for your input and advice.

It looks like the solution is to make changes with my client and less about the software.

This information will be very helpful going forward, thank you for your time!