Forum Discussion

CristinaFavero
Community Member
9 months ago

Next Button Issues Possibly Chrome?

Hello,

I hope this message finds you all well. I'm reaching out regarding a concern with the trainings I've created. 

I've implemented a setup where users must click on a document icon, linked to a required document before they can advance to the next screen. The next button becomes available only after the audio finishes, ensuring that users have engaged with the content.

However, it has come to my attention that this functionality seems to encounter issues specifically with users using Chome. I experienced it "once" myself, yet all other training with different document links functioned as intended once I encountered this issue. 

I would greatly appreciate your insights or any suggestions on how to address this issue. You are assistance is appreciated. 

• Hi Cristina, 

Happy to help!

Would you mind sharing more details regarding the issue that you're experiencing - Is the next button becoming available for you even before the audio finishes on the slide? Or is it the other way around wherein the next button stays disabled after completing the audio?

Additionally, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case for testing? We'll delete it when we're done!

• Hello,

Thank you for replying.

The issue is when the user clicks on the document icon it takes them to the document then when they come back and the audio is complete the NEXT button is available, but will not advance. They have to click on the document again and then the NEXT will work. It only happens randomly, but one seems to get the most feedback, I have attached it. 

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Cristina, 

Thanks for sharing a copy of your published output. I tested it in SCORM Cloud and I also came across an issues with the navigation when I reached this slide: 

Please share a copy of your .STORY project file (the file used to open and edit your course in Storyline 360) here or in private by opening a support case so I can take a look at how the triggers in the slide are set up. This might help provide additional insight into why the next button isn't working properly. We'll delete it afterward!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Cristina!

Thanks for following up!

I see that your support case is being handled by my teammate John Carlo. You're in excellent hands troubleshooting one-on-one with him!

We can continue the conversation through your case to help keep all information in one spot.