Forum Discussion

CarolJoseph
Community Member
3 years ago

"Online presentations aren't supported. Save a copy to your local drive to continue."

Why is this happening in my Articulate Presenter? Also, when I create something in Articulate Engage and try to publish to Powerpoint, it says (No PowerPoint Presentations are running) - which it is!

I use the ellipses to open, try again, same issue....

• Hi, Carol.

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm sorry you're encountering this error!

We don't recommend working with files on a network drive as it can cause erratic behavior. If it's a local drive but also syncing with a service such as OneDrive or Dropbox, it can cause a similar effect as a network drive. 

Let me know if you have additional questions! If this is not your scenario, can you get in touch through a support case so we can investigate what's happening in your project?

CarolJoseph
      Community Member

Thanks for the response Maria! Good to know and I'll let my team know as we work for a large organisation and all have the full suite.

Regards, Carol

SummerLindzey
    Community Member

I'm having a similar issue, even though I have saved it to my local drive.  When I try to use any one of the features on the Articulate ribbon in a powerpoint saved to my hard drive, I get the error message in a pop up "We're sorry Something went wrong with Articulate Presenter and it may close." And then asks me to provide feedback.

SummerLindzey
    Community Member

Thanks for the guidance, Joe. I have to get our IT support involved, but I think we're getting closer. It seems that I have to have a desktop version of Microsoft Office installed on my device...