Forum Discussion

HowardVillar381
Community Member
2 years ago

Online SCROM player

hello,

would anyone know of a free online player that will play your SCROM package?

thank you

• If you just want to test it, try scormcloud. 

If you want people to see it, publish to the web, and put it somewhere those people have access. Amazon’s AWS is one such place.

If you need to control it, and get back reports about it, you need a Learning Management Sytstem (LMS).

• thank you for the update.  Also is it possible to remove pages from a SCROM file if I do not have the source file. (Storyline file)

• Hi Howard, 

I just want to confirm, when you refer to pages, do you mean slides within a Storyline project? Or do you mean a separate document or link?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Hello Luciana, 

Yes, I meant pages.  I was asked if it was possible to remove certain pages within a SCORM package but with no source files. (Storyline file)

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Howard!

Thanks for following up! I just wanted to clarify, you are trying to make changes to a published SCORM package without the original .story file? If so, then unfortunately that would not be possible. You would need to make the edits in the Storyline 360 file itself and then republish the course.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

• hi Steven

yes, It was asked to me weather it was possible to removed certain pages within project. To be honest with you I am not even sure if it was Storyline they used to create the scrom package.

Overall I do agree with you, it cannot be done with out the Storyline file itself unless they are good at coding and can alter it from there.

JoeFrancis
    Community Member

It is not possible to remove/edit individual pages from a published SCORM file. Once the cake has been baked, you can't "decompile" it back into its base ingredients.