Forum Discussion

DeepikaBatra-1a
Community Member
6 days ago

Restricted navigation within layers and alignment with base layer

I am working on a Storyline 360 file for which I added various navigational restrictions but the one about Scene 6 (6.2, 6.3 and 6.4) is a bit complex and nested and if you could provide some tips to restrict navigation within layers with an alignment with base layer? Or, do you have another idea which can make things easier? I have the independence to completely change the appearance of slides as well.

So there is a base layer and various layers when the learner clicks a Chevron button (Section) and technically other layers associated with that Chevron that a learner needs to go through. First, I want learner to click all arrows within the Section to complete that Section. How to check if the smaller arrows are clicked to mark that Section "Done"? The final result is to enable the next button when the learner has clicked all Chevrons (Sections) on the slide (Base layer). 

Appreciate your support.

• In addition to Normal, the Chevrons have these states: 

• Hover: This automatically shows when the user mouses over the object.
    • Selected: Typically, this automatically shows when the user clicks the object. Because the Chevrons are in a button set, only one can be in the Selected state at a time. However, there are triggers that change a Chevron to the custom Done state, which prevents the Selected state from showing in some cases.
    • Done: This is a custom state used to indicate that the Section is completed. 

There are T/F variables (Section1, Section2, etc.) that also track whether a section has been completed. These are used in trigger conditions.

Personally, I think having the extra layers for some sections make it a confusingly complicated slide. I suggest re-doing the entire scene. Have a Sections menu slide that links to separate slides for each section. Use layers on section slides as needed. 

Here are some posts that might help: 

• Would like to add that I do not understand certain Chevron states and their purpose, as I took this e-learning from my predessor and have no contact with them now. May be the states were created to facilitate what I am trying to do.

vips_vaibhav
      Community Member

Hi Deepika,

Based on the conditions you mentioned, I was able to get scene 6, slide 6.2, to work. You were almost there, but a few unnecessary triggers had to be deleted, while some necessary triggers were missing. You can replicate it to your other slides if this is how you want the slide action.