Forum Discussion

AutumnKirk-7210
Community Member
7 days ago

Return to menu unless all slides in a section are complete

Hi! I am looking for a way to prompt a user to return to the menu page to select a new module to complete UNLESS they have already completed all modules. If all modules are complete. I would like to send the use to complete an assessment. 

For example, if there are two modules I want the user to be able to complete them in any order. Once the user completes the first module, at the end, I want to display a button to return to the menu. Once the user completes the remaining module, I want to display a button to take an assessment. However, I can't put a static button at the end of each module because the user can complete either module in any order. 

Is there a way I can build my triggers out to accomplish this? 

• You could do this:

• Create a T/F variable with a default value of False for each module. 
    • Adjust the variable to True when the user completes the corresponding module.
    • At the end of each module, have a trigger that shows a button to the assessment with the conditions that all of the variables = True.

I suggest you still show the button that returns to the menu, since some users might want to review content before taking the test.

It’s worth the effort to learn about variables and trigger conditions, because they provide the real power in Storyline. Here’s more information: