Forum Discussion

ElisSantos-75a7
Community Member
2 years ago

Review Incorrect Only

Hi all, can you SL gurus help me with this one?

I've been stuck on this project for days and can't figure out why correct answers keep showing during the review if I've checked the review button to "show incorrect answers only"

Thanks!

• Hi Elis, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this behavior. I tested your project file but I wasn't able to replicate the behavior you're experiencing. Here's a quick video of what happens when I review your project after finishing the quiz:

In my tests, only the incorrect questions are reviewed. With that being said, would you mind making a Peek 360 recording of the issue so we can take a closer look at what's causing it? This will also help us test your project file more accurately. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Elis, 

Thanks for the additional information. 

After doing more tests on your project file, I found that the reason why the correct answers were being included in the review is because your slides make use of custom navigation buttons. Basically, when your learners click on the custom 'Next' navigation button while in review mode, the button does what its told to do, which is to move the learner to the next slide, regardless if the next slide was answered correctly or not. 

The behavior won't happen if you use the Player's built-in navigation buttons, which can distinguish between correctly answered questions during a review. Here's an edited version of your project file with the Player's navigation buttons enabled, where you can see that the correctly answered questions do not appear during Review mode when they are used. 

To correct the behavior, you'll either need to: 

1. Add logic in your custom navigation buttons that can skip correctly answered questions using variables
      2. Make use of the Player's built-in navigation buttons

Hope this helps!

• Thanks for your reply Joe!

But the problem persists...it only works if we answer the first question right, or the first 2 questions..for example if I got only the last 2 questions right the trigger will not work...

• Hi, Elis!

I've opened a support case on your behalf so we can continue to investigate what's going on. You'll be hearing from one of our Support Engineers soon via email!