Forum Discussion

BarbaraJacobs-1
Community Member
4 months ago

RISE MLA to RISE Courses

Can we convert RISE MLA to RISE Courses and maintain all assets? If yes, what are the limitations, if any?  What do I need to know to make this a seamless transfer?

KarlMuller
    Community Member

What do you mean by RISE MLA?

Are you referring to a Rise Microlearning or something else? 

KarlMuller
      Community Member

Hi,

There is no utility to convert a Microlearning module to a regular Rise course but it can be done quite easily:

Access your Microlearning module.

Create a new Block Template and add all of the blocks in your Microlearning to the block template, and save it. This will save everything except the title image. 

Go to your new regular Rise 360 course and create/open the lesson where you want to copy the contents of your Microlearning module to.

Right below the lesson title, insert the newly created Block Template from the Block Template Library.

Learn more about Block Templates here: https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-Creating-Sharing-and-Reusing-Block-Templates 

• Thank you so much, Karl, for the reply!  We are using the Block Template feature, but it is a bit cumbersome. We are always looking for ways to work smarter. 

I do wonder why Articulate did not consider a simple conversion utility during development; but hey!  There is a workaround for now.  I'm sure they are considering such a feature for future editions.

KarlMuller
      Community Member

I use the Block Template feature very often, and don't find it cumbersome at all.

For me, it's one of the most useful features in Rise, and converting an entire Microlearning to a Rise course should take you about 3 minutes.

I don't consider that a workaround at all.

There are many things I would like to see added to Rise/fixed before asking Articulate to create a microlearning to Rise course conversion Utility. 

• Agreed!  There are more features I'd like to see added to Rise as well, sooner than later.  And, of course, there are many of us who will always look for ways to improve processes and reduce time to market.  

Here's to looking forward!

Have a great day, Karl.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi BJ!

Glad to see Karl has been helping you!

I'm happy to share that we're tracking a feature request to give authors the ability to convert Microlearnings to standard lessons in Rise 360. I've linked this discussion to the feature report and will share updates if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

Have a great rest of your week!