Forum Discussion

NathalieFONTANI
Community Member
4 months ago

scorm too heavy

I create an e-learning program in RISE 360 with 7 videos, each weighing less than 30M0. the objective is to obtain a SCORM file of less than 250 MB. But Rise 360 ​​reprocesses the videos and the final file weighs more than 700MB. How to keep a final weight below 250 MB? Thank you for your comeback.

• Nathalie!

Sorry to hear that you're struggling with oversized SCORM files!

I found a related discussion where other community members shared tips for reducing the file size of SCORM packages. I'll also open the floor for our Rise 360 users, to share additional suggestions!

• You can prevent RISE from re-processing your videos by adding _NOPROCESS_ into the file name for each video. That might help a little.

• Also, (and you may already know this), it's not exactly a single SCORM file.

Course files are created by RISE following SCORM specs. And when exporting they can be grouped into a single (zip) package for easier transport. But when they run, they still load into a browser in individual pieces. So, the best starting place is to get your media file sizes under control, and then add the _NOPROCESS_ to each filename so RISE uploads as/is.