Forum Discussion

• Hi Nick,

If you've already gone through the solutions above and are still running into trouble our Support Team is only an email away! We're happy to keep troubleshooting with you one on one.

Marco, glad that fix helped you out! 

• By following the directions to disable UAC, I set my window to 1600x900, disconnected my 2nd monitor (I'm on a laptop), rebooted my machine, and everything seemed to work. Glad it worked, but let's be honest, that's a pretty crazy pain in the butt compared to similar tools.  

AshleyT-Pollard
      Staff

Thanks, Nick for sharing those steps and letting us know it worked for you. Our team still has our eyes on this issue, but we haven't identified a software fix for it yet. We'll keep folks posted here as soon as we have info to share! 

• Did this ever get resolved? I made a Replay video and the mouse is not where it is supposed to be when I view my video. How do I fix it? (if it's a screen resolution thing, do you have a step by step guide on what to do?)

• Hi Heather and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

This is still an open issue with our team when you are recording a screen recording in Replay 360 in high resolution.

If you're unsure how to adjust your screen resolution, you can find guidance here (we use it for Storyline 2, but it's still applicable) for your version of Windows OS on how to make this adjustment.

HeatherLofqu586
      Community Member

I adjusted it down to 100% but then when I did a recording of just a window, it did not record the actual window. It recorded part of the window and part of something else.

nathanleavitt
    Community Member

Heather, I'd be cautious about using the "REPLY" feature in the emails because it includes all your private contact information in your reply. You can always edit your post in the community and remove that stuff :-)

One of the "extreme measures" that our team has taken in the past is to change our screen resolution down to the lowest setting that still allows us to see the detail that's necessary. From that point, maximize your window so it fills the screen. Then use the feature that records the screen rather than recording a window.

• Thanks for the heads up! I edited it. 

I think I just need to use Camtasia - stinks that it's another tool and costs more $$ ... but it's much easier to use!

• Just chiming in to say that resizing the display solved the problem for me. I am using Windows 10 and Firefox and dual displays. My recommended display size and layout was 150%, but I changed it to 100% and now the cursor is in the correct place when recording screencasts in Replay. I did not have to restart any program. I used the full screen resolution (in my case 1920 x 1080).

To access the Display settings in Windows 10:

• Right click on desktop
    • Choose 'Display settings'
    • Choose the correct display (if you are using multiple displays)
    • Under 'Scale and layout' change to 100%.

PatriceLund
    Community Member

Our team are having this same issue, just googled to find what we might be doing wrong and found this thread. Interesting it is still happening all these years later. Will try the tip above and see how I go :)

• HI is there still no solution for this other than changing the screen resolution?

• Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue!

Are you able to share your file or a screenshot of what you're seeing? You can post it here or privately in a support case and we'll be sure to delete it from our systems after troubleshooting.

AlyssaTonks
      Community Member

I've attached a screenshot, don't mind the blue placed over my screen. As you can see, I've got a lovely black background around my video.