Forum Discussion

PatrickPleger
Community Member
2 months ago

Screenrecording Issue

Hello Community! I am pretty new to Storyline and have been working alot with screenrecordings. I do training tutorials for a new software at my company. I am recording my screen as I click through the software. 

My problem is that I can't insert new screenrecordings in an already excisting story with a screenrecording. Well not inserting isn't really the right term, please look at the screenshot I've taken. 

When I do a screenrecording and make it a new story then everything is fine. But when I want to exchange already taken slides with newly recordes ones, then I get these big white bars at the top and the bottom of these new slides. I can't figure out how I can fix this.. 

The screenrecording is done in the same resolution and on the same screen. Even when I import or copy+paste correct slides that don't have these bars, they magically get these white bars when inserted.

Please help me!

• Hello Patrick, 

Happy to help!

Have you checked to see if your Storyline 360 project's slide size matches the window size of your screen recording? 

Matching these two values should prevent white spaces from appearing in your screen recordings. You can also try setting your monitor's DPI to 100% to see if this helps. Here's how to adjust this value: 

Right-click anywhere on your desktop then select Display settings.

If the issue persists, please open a case with our support team here so we can investigate what's happening.

• Hello Jose,

Thanks, this solved the problem! I had the feeling it had something to do with that, but i couldn't figure out how to fix it.

Thank you very much again!