Forum Discussion

RyanPentoney
Community Member
2 years ago

Selecting All Non-Hidden Objects

Hello!

Is there a way to select all non-hidden objects on a slide without having to Shift/Ctrl click them individually on the timeline or slide itself?

Also, is there a way to do the same for all hidden objects (or to toggle all objects to the opposite visibility)?

Thank you!

• Hello Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out! 

The type of object filtering you are describing is currently not a supported feature in Storyline 360. 

I’ll be happy to pass your thoughts on to our product team, but you can also feel free to detail them more through a feature request!

• Click and hold, and draw on the slide. All non-hidden objects will be selected.  Mind, this only works for genuine hidden objects (hidden by deselecting their visibility icon on the timeline.)  It still selects objects that are not hidden, but are merely in a hidden state.

Edit: You can also select multiple objects using the timeline, and either Shift-click, or Ctrl-click. Click on the right pane, not the left. Invisible items will show blue, but won't be selected. Again, this does not work for items that that are starting later in the timeline, or in a hidden state.

As for toggling visibility properties or selecting only hidden objects, I'm afraid you can't.

RyanPentoney
    Community Member

Thank you both for your quick replies!  Walt, I don't know why I didn't think of dragging to select originally, but it's likely because I was staring at a full-screen timeline when I thought of my question.

Joe, please do pass it along!