Forum Discussion

STEPHANIEDOU638
Community Member
3 years ago

Slide Trigger

Hi Articulate Family,

I am updating and modifying a course at work. I am getting stumped on setting up the slide trigger for the second slide in the course labeled topics. I thought I could just go by the screenshot I took of the triggers from the older course. 

But hadn't recreated the trigger.  When I create a new trigger it keeps the "When the timeline starts" at the top instead of "Change state of" ?

Help,

Stephanie

• Hi Julia,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! I attempted to attach a screenshot but the discussion thread wouldn't take a jpn/pdf or any form I had the screenshot in... I was able to create a new trigger my dilemma was I couldn't recreate a trigger with the "Change state", then the "When the Timeline starts". The order is upside down if that makes any scene. It's problem because I am learning what to do on the fly... With, all of that said, I need to get my project to review by tomorrow but I need to get my triggers working so the reviewers can move through the course...

Please advise? 

Thanks again,

Stephanie

VeronicaNalley-
      Community Member

Stephanie, 

Does un-selecting the "Group" check box (see image) resolve the issue?

• Hi Veronica,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Yes, that did resolve that issue. So, when I see the - it means that trigger is grouped? I am going to continue creating/modifying the triggers I will probably reach back out if I run into another issue. Can I contact you or still post to the whole group?

Thanks again,

Stephanie 

SarahHodge
      Former Staff

Hi Stephanie! The S1_allobjectsvisited variable looks like a true/false variable type. When you go to create a variable, you can give the variable whatever name you'd like and just set the type to True/False and then set the Default Value to False. Here's a screenshot for reference. 

And in case it helps, here's more info on working with variables in Storyline 360.