Forum Discussion

JessicaDaniels
Community Member
4 years ago

Slides auto advancing

Hi there. Hoping someone can help. I changed the states of the Next button to be disabled until the audio of my slides ends (https://articulate.com/support/article/how-to-temporarily-disable-or-hide-navigation-buttons). But now, when I preview, the slides are automatically advancing to the next slide once the audio ends...not requiring use of the Next button once it is enabled again. I don't want the users to skip ahead on a slide (force them to watch and listen in entirety), but I want them to have to click the Next button when it's time to make sure they stay engaged. 

What am I doing wrong with changing the statuses?

Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thank you!

• If you share the file or at least a screenshot of the triggers we can see how it's set up.

• Hi, Jessica.

Thank you for reaching out!

Would you be able to share your .story file either publicly here or through a support case so we can take a closer look at what's going on?

Without seeing your file, my initial suggestion would be to check the Slide advances option under Slide Properties in Story View: it should say "By user", not "Automatically".

Windows 10 (1) 2021-06-25 at 10.40.49 AM

Let me know if this works!

• Hello! Update - I had my slide properties set to advance automatically *facepalm* Still learning 360. Does anyone know how to change the slide properties on all slides? I want to change Slide advances from Automatically to By User on all slides, without having to do it one by one?

• Hi, Jessica.

I am happy it was something simple! You're in the best place to learn Storyline!

Here's how you can change the properties of multiple slides (holding down SHIFT while selecting them) in Story View:

Screen Recording 2021-06-25 at 10.56.44 AM

Happy learning!