Forum Discussion

MaxVosloo-3a603
Community Member
12 months ago

Something went wrong: there was an error publishing your course - How to resolve

I made changes to my course and tried to publish to review but I keep getting

"Something went wrong: There was an error publishing your course. Please try again."

1. I've published this course for review previously, and its been fine.
  2. If I duplicate the course I still cant publish it to review. if I duplicate older courses I cant publish them to review.
  3. I cant Publish to LMS either. 
  4. Does this mean there is an issue with the course its self? if I delete all the lesson pages I can publish the course, is there a size limit I've reached? how can I check this?
    • I've used some jpegs with _NOPROCESS_ at the end but also a lot of .svg files. 
      AngeloCruz
      Staff

Hello InterLearn LLC!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues publishing your course.

Does the issue occur regardless of which course you are trying to publish? Have you tried clearing your browser's cache or using a different supported browser?

Would you be willing to send us a copy of your course so that we can take a look? You can reach out to our Support Engineers by opening a case here.

• I am having the same issue trying to publish Rise courses when i had no issue before. Any fix yet?

AngeloCruz
      Staff

Hi Nichole! I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues publishing your Rise course.

I see that you've opened a case and have been working with my colleague Luiza.

If you still have any questions or require further assistance, please feel free to reply to the email thread. Our support team is more than happy to continue working with you regarding your concern.

• I had the same error message. Here's what fixed it for me:

- duplicated course
    - deleted lessons and tried publishing to isolated problematic lesson
    - this lesson had several PDF attachments; I zipped them into a single file and it published

AngeloCruz
      Staff

Thanks for sharing that, Jeff!

I'm sure this would be very helpful for those experiencing this issue. Appreciate your input!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Jeevan!

Sorry to hear you're having issues publishing a Rise 360 lesson!

To clarify, does this issue occur across multiple courses, or is it local to one? Also, does clearing your browser's cache, or using a different supported browser improve the behavior?

If you're comfortable sharing a copy of your course, or any error messages you are receiving, feel free to upload those here in the discussion or privately through a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• wow - lots a problems with this one. I'm in the same boat and it's frustrating. And then I see that messages go back 9 months. Articulate...please HELP!

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Billi,

I understand how frustrating this can be when you can't publish your course.

When you try to create a single-lesson Rise course with only a few blocks, will you be able to publish it without errors? If you haven't already, you can also try clearing your browser's cache or using a different supported browser.

If the issue persists, could I have you connect with us in a case so we can determine what's happening? We'll reach out soon after we hear from you!