Forum Discussion

MonicaMandyani
Community Member
4 months ago

Splitting story files to reduce file size and then re-group in remote desktop

Hello, 

I've worked on a .story file on my local system and the course is ready for my client. I don't have access to third-party apps to complete the transfer to my client.

The file size of the .story file is going above 25MB so I can't even send it via the official email channel.

One of the ways to do it is to split the .story file into multiple parts that are lesser than 25MB each and then email those - and then log into articulate on the client's remote desktop (I have access to it) and then regroup the split files into one. 

Is this kind of splitting possible? Once I regroup the .story file, I'd like to publish the SCORM package on the client's remote desktop so that they have the HTML file that will ultimately go on to their LMS. 

• You could just split the file using a utility like 7-zip or something similar.  Using 7-zip, you can zip-compress the .story file (optional) and then Split it using the file menu. Specify how big you want to individual pieces to be. It will result a list of files ending in .001, .002, etc. These can be sent individually. To reassemble them, you can use Join (file menu in 7-zip), or even use the command line in Windows (for example BigFile.zip becomes BigFile.zip.001, BigFile.zip.002, etc. This will reassemble them in their current folder: copy /b BigFile.zip.* BigFile.zip). Unzip the file using Windows or whatever.