Forum Discussion

NicoleCenter
Community Member
2 years ago

State Change Not Working

Hello, 

I am developing a course that leads learners from the base of a pyramid to the top & restricts their abilities to click on certain building blocks until they view the foundational principles to move up the pyramid. 

When using the preview link, I have noticed that sometimes, the states of the building blocks don't keep their "visited" state which impacts the learners ability to move along in the training. 

For example, to view ASMs, the learner must first visit Miles & Seats. Similar for RPMs but instead they have to visit Miles & Passenger. Then once they visit RPMs & ASMs they can view Load Factor ect.

I have checked the order of the triggers and each building block is set in the same order so I am not sure why the states randomly decide not to stick. 

Can anyone look at the slide triggers & see if they are able to catch what I might be doing wrong?

• Hi Nicole. I think the main issue here was the implementation of triggers that were forcing state changes to take place that were already set to take place by default given the nature of the state. Put another way, you had a trigger that caused the state of a button/shape to change to Visited when the user clicked the button/shape, but this already occurs by the very act of clicking the button/shape - there's no need for a trigger to tell SL to set it so. Same goes for the triggers to cause an element to change to the Hover state. In the attached story file, I've simply eliminated all of those triggers and I now see the Visited state persists as intended, as well as the other triggers that cause hidden elements to become Normal.