Forum Discussion

ThomasUweHender
Community Member
4 months ago

Storyline - audio compression default

Hi. As I understand, by default, Storyline compresses audio in the published outputs and that I can preserve the original quality of MP3 audio files by turning off compression. Isn't it possible to change the default setting for the entire Storyline project instead of being forced to turn off compression for each and every MP3 audio file? Or would it be possible for the Articulate development team to consider enabling such a function? I need to turn off the audio compression as I'm not entirely working with audio files in Storyline, but also import MP4 video files including audio that have a higher pitch than the MP3 files in Storyline, if I do not turn off compression. Thanks, Thomas

• Hi Thomas, 

Thanks so much for reaching out! 

What you describe isn't possible within Storyline 360 at this time. However, feel free to share your thoughts with our team in a feature request

I did want to point you to the documentation to assist you with turning off the compression of the current files in your Storyline project! 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions! We'd be happy to help! 

• Hi Luciana

Thanks for your reply. I'll send this subject to the development team.

Best regards, Thomas

• You're welcome, Thomas! Perfect, thanks for the update. 

If any other questions come up, feel free to reach out in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great start to your week!