Forum Discussion

SajnaAravind
Community Member
4 months ago

Storyline 3 | Restriction of Attempts

Hi All,

I am trying to create a course on Articulate Storyline 3 and need help with the below please.

What I need: Users to be able to retake quiz or restart course after they have failed in attempts 1-3. After the third attempt, they should only be able to restart quiz.

What I have done so far: Based on all the discussion threads here, I have created an Attempts variable and a duplicate Failed layer which only gives a button to Restart module. This works so far.

The issue: When I host the course on PeopleFluent LMS, and when the LMS prompts me whether to resume from where I left off - If i choose No, then the attempts variable is reset to zero. 

The LMS itself can restrict the number of attempts - but what we are trying to get to is to have unlimited attempts but with a different course of action after the third attempt.

I hope this makes sense. Would appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Sajna

• Hi Sajna!

Thanks for reaching out!

I noticed that you've also opened a support case and connected with my teammate, Luiza. So glad to see the steps she shared helped to resolve your issue! If you run into any setbacks, please let us know! For anyone discovering this thread with a similar issue:

"It sounds like everything is set up in your Storyline project file. When your LMS prompts a learner to resume a course, does this still happen even if you set Storyline to "always resume" per this guide?

https://community.articulate.com/series/storyline-3/articles/storyline-3-changing-the-resume-behavior

If yes, then your LMS can override Storyline's resume behavior, something your LMS admin might be able to help with. You may ask them if it's possible to disable this feature so that Storyline's resume behavior will take effect. This way, the learner will have no choice but to resume your course, where your variables and triggers will work as expected".