Forum Discussion

AlexCase
Community Member
3 months ago

Storyline 360 Not Publishing to Review 360

URGENT ASSISTANCE REQUESTED

Receiving error: "There was an error publishing your course to Review 360.  Please check your internet connection and try again." 

Background: My team was brought in and is using Storyline 360 to make about 50 software simulation videos for a client that had a deadline for another team that was about a month ago.  So these videos are well past due in the eyes of the client, even though it's a whole new team, hence the urgency.  I know it's elementary use of the product, but it's what the client wants. 

I created all of the video title slides, contact us, and ending slides for templates and posted to MSTeams files for our team.  I did Save As over and over to make the new projects (but don't think this is the issue based on fixes attempted).  Designers are downloading the files from MS Teams, saving locally, working/updating/saving only locally and then publishing this file that's saved locally.  Yesterday, a team member received this error.  "There was an error publishing your course to Review 360.  Please check your internet connection and try again."  He then placed the file into Teams and I downloaded and was able to publish his file.  Today he made updates after feedback and reposted his locally saved file to MS Teams.  After downloading this new file locally, I could not republish to Review 360, receiving the same error.  I thought it was because we saved in Teams and Storyline doesn't play nice with the cloud, but you'll see that I no longer think that's the case based on fixes I have tried.  Other team members are able to publish.

Have tried the following fixes:

• Checked internet connection, cleared cache for all time and tried publishing both on and off of VPN.
  • Uploading compressed (zipped) file that is under the file size maximum to Review 360 - Error code: sorry, the file you have selected is not a supported file type.  Also, not able to select any .story files.
  • Copied all of the slides from a project, open a brand new project, and pasted the slides in.  Attempted to publish a brand new project with same error.
  • Tried another project of mine that has never been placed into Teams and now I can't post to Review 360 with the same error code.
  • Looked into the Windows Firewall fix, but it won't work due to system administrator access.  Don't believe this is the issue as others within the team can post, are using corporate devices, and neither teammate having issues has completed any updates to device in past week.
  • Uninstalled Storyline, restarted my device, reinstalled storyline, restarted my device and tried to publish a project that has never left my locally saved area (never saved to a cloud).  Same error.

Please help!  It took an act of congress for the client to allow us to use Storyline 360 as the authoring tool and the main selling point was the functionality of Review 360.

AlexCase
    Community Member

Let me start by saying, I will always brag about the effectiveness and responsiveness of this community and Articulate 360 support.  

I had an image in the player as the cover photo that was "corrupt" somehow.  After deleting the cover photo, unchecking the box, saving the player and resaving the project, publishing to Review 360 was successful.  

Thank you SO much for the expedient response!