Forum Discussion

RobertMcCormack
Community Member
8 years ago

Storyline 3 with 4k Screen Resolution

Can anyone tell me if Storyline 3 is compatible with 4k high definition resolution? I know Storyline 2 was not compatible.  

• Thanks for giving it a try, Peter and letting us know it worked! We'll keep you posted on the other pieces as we have more info. 

• Hi Ashley. I hope the developers at Articulate can solve this problem once and for all. I just set up a 4K monitor and as others are reporting it's frustrating that Storyline 360 renders blurry in anything other than 100% when every other program from Microsoft to web browsers render beautifully. I suspect there will be more and more end users switching to 4K laptops and external monitors. If you need a beta tester as they try to resolve this please let me know.

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Thanks for adding your voice, Mary Ann.  You'll get notified any time we post an update to this discussion so you can stay in the loop!

• Hi, I am using Storyline 3 on a 4k laptop screen and the UI looks decent (I am at 200% scaling) but I am getting the really small pointers/cursors within Storyline even after logging out/logging back in. I am on Windows 10. Thanks!

Perry

• Hi, Perry. Sorry you've come across this roadblock!

We're still investigating this oddity, so I appreciate you sharing your settings with us. I'm going to attach them in our report and will keep this discussion posted on any new insight.

In the meantime, sorry to hear that these steps did not help reset the cursor's size. We're happy to take a closer look at your setup to explore other options if you'd like! You can reach out to our Support team here.

• Thanks for those links with other potential solutions. I tried them all with no luck but finally conceded and switched back to a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 at 100% scaling, which is pretty standard. 

My 4k laptop screen (dell 9570) was at 3840 x 2160 with 200% scaling and was causing the cursors to be really small. 

The difference between the 2 resolutions is negligible, as I still get the same amount of screen real estate in Storyline 3 with either resolution. It would be nice to eventually take advantage of the 4k screen though.

EDIT: One thing I noticed while tinkering around, is on the options tab of the Storyline properties when right-clicking on the application icon. It has the option of selecting cursors to be small, medium, or large. I couldn't apply this change however, because the path couldn't be found in Windows 10. Just a thought. 

Thanks!

• Thanks so much for chiming back in to share your findings and sharing them with the community, Perry. We will be sure to share any additional information we have with you here.

• I also have a Dell XPS 9570 with a 4K display. All the Adobe products have updated their UI scaling for 4K monitors and it looks amazing. I suggest SL follows that approach. I don't want to stop using the full 4K resolution because all my other apps look so good. 

• Use the following solution:
    Open the Shortcut and do a right click. Open the properties, now click on the tab "Compatibility" and choose below the button "change high DPI-properties" (i use a german windows, maybe it looks different on you screen) and below you can change he scale of the DPI to "System".

should work ;-)

• After 2 years, I'm giving this some love. This answer resolved my issue recently. Generally I work with a setup with multiple (huge) monitors, but I'm traveling and was trying to work on my laptop. I thought I had a vision problem until I realized Storyline was the only application having an issue with resolution at 1920 x 1080, 125%.  Thanks!