Forum Discussion

AllisonGaron
Community Member
15 days ago

Storyline Course Blank Upon Re-Entry in LMS

Hello everyone,

The storyline course in our LMS does not resume or prompt to resume after exiting the module and then going back in. I have reached out to our LMS helpdesk, and they could not identify an issue on their end and advised that it may be the SCORM file, but when I checked the settings within the Player, everything seems fine.

• Hi AllisonGaron!

Glad to see Joe has been helping you!

I noticed that you've also opened a support case being handled by my teammate, Phil. It looks like he replied to your e-mail after testing your file. We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one spot.

JoeFrancis
    Community Member

What is your LMS and what are the course settings for re-entry? For example, I'm running Cornerstone SBX (aka Saba). The attempts allowed on an eLearning course is set to Unlimited, and the LMS Reporting (completion) settings in Storyline is Passed/Incomplete.

If your Player > Other > Resume setting is Prompt to Resume, you should be seeing the (> Resume) button when you re-enter the course. If not, I would upload it to SCORMCloud and test it there, to see if it's a course issue or an LMS issue.

AllisonGaron
      Community Member

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply.

1. Our LMS is Seismic.
      2. The attempts allowed are set to unlimited, or for our LMS is set to No Maximum Attempts, which means unlimited.
      3. Reporting in Storyline is set to Completed/Incomplete.
      4. The Player Setting is set to Prompt to Resume, but no Resume button is shown when attempting to re-enter the course.

I have not heard of SCORMCloud, so I will be sure to check that out.

Thanks!