Forum Discussion

AnishaAndrews-W
Community Member
2 years ago

Storyline Project Gone!

Good Afternoon,

I am a current member of the Applied Instructional Design Academy (AIDA) and I am fairly new to Storyline. I had a project that I worked on and was on my way to make improvements for my final submission. I went to Storyline and the entire project is no longer there. Can anyone help me recover the project? This project took me HOURS to create and I really don't want to have to start from scratch. Thank you. 

• Unless it was deleted, you should be able to find the .story file. Have you searched for *.story files on your computer? 

If you accidentally deleted it, check the Recycle bin (if you are on a Windows machine).

If it was on a network drive that you are no longer connected to, reconnect it.

Just a few things to check.

Richard

• Hi Anisha,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community!

I'm so sorry to hear that you're unable to locate your file. As Richard suggested, you can try searching for a backup. Here's how:

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline.
    2. Scan the contents of this folder for a .story file
    3. If you find the file, copy it to your desktop (if you find more than one, copy the latest version).
    4. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.
    5. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

I understand how frustrating this can be, especially while working on a deadline. We recommend working on and saving projects to your local hard drive as working on a network drive can cause erratic behavior. You may also want to follow these tips to reduce your risk of losing project files.