Forum Discussion

AudreyMarcou883
Community Member
2 months ago

Storyline won't export my cours in scorm 1.2

My export features won't work even after clearing memory disc and data.
I tried changing version of storyline for the previous one and it still doesn't work.

I never had such issues in the past and I can't seem to find what is causing that.

JHauglie
    Community Member

Try making the filename (course title) very short - say, < 20 characters. Do not use spaces (use an underscore _ instead) or special characters (alpha only). Without knowing more details (and that's ok), it may be that your course title is forcing an overflow in one or two fields of the IMS manifest for SCORM 1.2. That's when the limitations of SCORM 1.2 impact using it in 2024.

You may also try publishing/exporting to SCORM 2004 and confirm whether or not it publishes successfully. If it does, then you have a situation where the SCORM 1.2 limitations are affecting the process.

You could also try testing it in SCORM Cloud, if you can get it to publish in either protocol.

• Hi thanks for the suggestion, I already tried to export in an different format and it doesn't work. Now I can export it locally, but the windows In chrome (From clicking the html file) is just poppin 2 sec and then close.

Also a case is already open and I haven't heard from the Customer Support Engineer after we told me they will check my case.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Audrey, 

Thanks for the additional information. I shared these details with my colleague Mick who is handling your support case. You're in good hands and we'll continue the conversation in the case that you opened!

• Resolved! apparently there was a slide with a logo graphic that was corrupting the whole course.

• Wonderful news, Audrey! Thanks for mentioning what the issue was, I'm sure it will be helpful to folks who come across this thread in the future. 

If any other questions or discoveries arise, feel free to share them in our community. 

Have a great start to your day!