Forum Discussion

BrettTerpstra-2
Community Member
4 months ago

Storyline won't jump to the next slide

Hi! I'm brand new to Storyline and this is one of my first projects. I have a series of freeform question slides. These slides have three slide layers: Correct, Incorrect, and a third layer that I created called "Hint". The Hint layers (one per freeform question slide) each have one video inserted into them. When the videos are inserted, none of the triggers to jump to the next slide work (they actually work fine in preview mode, but this problem arises once I upload the published file into Canvas). If I delete the video from the Hint slide layer the problem is eliminated. I've uploaded the file. Any advice would be appreciated for this newbie!

• I only looked at one slide: Timeline Slides, but I have one suggestion that may save you a lot of grief down the road. It is glamorous (and necessary with some apps) to use groups, but their use is fraught with potential problems in Storyline. Using them is a bad habit to get into, as they should be used only as a last resort. They don't play nicely with states, motion paths, triggers, or anything else. In your case, you can place the rectangle, and the video on top of it, and have the same look. If you want to move the two of them, you can rubberband around them and move them together. It's quicker than making a group, and safer in the long run. Resizing two objects at a time, whether they are grouped or not, seldom turns out the way you want.

Run your project through SCORMCloud. If it works there, the problem is with the LMS.

• I uploaded it as a SCORM package and all of the slides work in Canvas!

Thank you for that suggestion! 

I'll also try to avoid grouping objects in the future! 

-Brett