Forum Discussion

colingeissler
Community Member
7 months ago

Suggestion - Application Security Updates in Release Notes

Today I was reviewing the "comprehensive list of release notes" for Storyline 360 however there are no mentions of fixes or enhancements for security issues.

I am not suggesting that the details of security issues get posted, but this information is important when making the decision for whether to upgrade or not.  Knowing if there has been critical security updates is a significant deciding factor -- particularly for companies that are highly-regulated and part of critical infrastructure.

Sometimes, Storyline users might avoid applying an update because they are concerned about incompatibilities appearing -- but, if they were fully informed that the update includes critical security fixes then they would be better able to make a proper decision which balances their organization's risk.

For example, Apple doesn't disclose details of security updates, but they do tell the user when a version updates security vulnerabilities.  In my organization, this allows the team responsible for iOS Support to alert all staff whether an update must be applied.

Thanks,

• Hi Colin!

Thanks for the feedback on the type of information you would like to see included in Storyline 360 release notes!

Not sure if you're familiar with this article, but it does receive regular updates from our documentation team. The last one being in January of this year. Also, if you ever have more pressing questions about privacy and security, you're welcome to connect with our compliance team through a support case.

They'd be happy to share any additional insight with you!