Forum Discussion

JefAdin
Community Member
6 years ago

Superscripts and Subscripts are too small

Is there a way to customize the size of superscript and subscript settings (storyline 3)? The defaults are too small, especially in the Notes tab. I can manually change the point size of each one but that is very tiresome when creating math courses.  

• I found the fix for this out the hard way, set the text box to do not auto fit text and then stretch out the box a little. 

• I updated to SL 3.6 3 days ago and now all of my exponents (superscripts) are way too small and way too low. Not only that, but when I increase the size of the exponent, it actually gets smaller! In this attachment, the exponent of 3 after cm is barely noticeable. It's supposed to be a superscript for "cubic centimeters"

• Hi Jef. There isn't a way besides changing the font size to work with sub- and superscript sizes. I'm going to add this discussion to our feature request for globally changing Notes text options. Then we can let you know if that's a change that we implement!

MarieSeitz
    Community Member

I found this thread when searching for a current issue I'm running into. I have H2O in Notes section of a course. I made the 2 subscript. It appears way too small when published and previewed - it is not accurately displaying - you just see a tiny dot. Are there any workarounds for subscripts in the Notes section to display as intended? I'm not figuring out a solution yet.

• Hi Marie!

This is still a feature request that our team is looking into and actively tracking! In the meantime, this discussion has workarounds listed by other community members!