Forum Discussion

JoanneBentley-b
Community Member
2 months ago

Survey Results not going to a LMS spreadsheet

I created a 14 question training evaluation survey with a survey results page. However, when I load it into our WorkDay LMS no learner-by-item data is collected.  Any suggestions?

• Hi Joanne!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback!

Storyline sends this quiz and survey data to an LMS, however all LMSs will interpret the data differently. If you're having issues with the reporting of survey questions, I suggest testing your LMS output with SCORM Cloud. This will help determine if the issue lies with the .story file, or the LMS itself.

Also, I'll open the floor to other users in the community who may be using WorkDay LMS as well. I'm hopeful they can share additional insight and suggestions with you!

• I am having the same issue. This was my first time embedding a survey into a training, so I'm still learning, but the thing is: I uploaded the SCORM package into SCORM Cloud, but nothing is showing there... I can't seem to find a report that should show the survey results. I'm not sure what else I can do now. 

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello Guilherme,

Happy to help!

I'd like to ask a few questions to clarify your experience: 

• When you say embedding a survey in your Storyline 360 course, do you mean embedding as a web object, or are you using the built-in survey slides to create your surveys?
      • If you used the built-in survey slides, did you also add the corresponding survey results slide to submit the responses to your LMS?

I'd also like to take a look at your project file if you went the survey slide route. Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case for tesing? We'll delete it when we're done!

• Hello Jose!

Thank you for your response. After I posted here I received a response from my LMS Administrator and, according to them "Any surveys within Storyline would require coding and will need to be routed to a third-party application". That tells me that my LMS (SuccessFactors, by SAP) is somehow not compliant with the surveys. 

I have changed my SCORM already and removed the survey, I had to launch it, but I was using an embedded survey. No, I did not have a result slide for the survey. I will try it out using SCORM cloud and depending of what I learn, I will open the support case and share the file. 

Thank you, I will keep you posted.