Forum Discussion

GuilhermeTeixei
Community Member
20 days ago

Survey Results Slide

I built a survey in Storlyline 360. I added one of the Survey Result Slides offered in the application (image below), but Storyline is not showing any results when we get to that slide, at least not when using Preview. 

What I need to accomplish is this:

a) Learner fills out the survey, which is comprised by 6 questions (on the same slide), using a 1-10 likert scale for each question. 

b) Storyline should store these 6 answers in a variable.

c) Storyline will then send the results of these 6 questions via email. 

I have spent almost a whole day with this and I can't figure it out. 

I noticed a few things (may or may not be relevant):

• Storyline is treating the Survey Results slide a quiz result slide, which seems a mistake to me. 
  • The slide with the survey is classified as Question Slide, so I understand that 

Can anyone help, please? 

• Survey questions don't have right/wrong answers, so there's nothing to score. In that case, the Results slide is used to submit the answers to the LMS/LRS. The LMS/LRS determines how to pull a report on those answers. But the answers aren't stored in variables you can access. 

To accomplish your goal, you could use custom variables to track the answers. As for emailing them to the user, well, that would require JavaScript. Sorry, I can't help you with that. However, you could search the community to see what's already out there. Or perhaps one of the JS experts will chime in. 

• Thank you, JudyNollet ! I'm a bit surprised this is so hard to accomplish. Since I don't know Java, I will have to stick to the "old school" approach of having a link to a Microsoft Form for the survey. I will not have 100% completion, but it is better than don't have anything. Again, thank you.