Forum Discussion

DaveStrobl-9653
Community Member
3 years ago

SVG Display Issue

Hello everyone.

Just wondering if anyone has run into this issue. I have 3 different svg images on a slide however when the file is previewed or packaged Storyline displays three images but they are all of the first svg on the timeline?

• Hi, Dave.

Thank you for reaching out!

What you're experiencing is definitely strange, so I went ahead and opened a support case on your behalf. You should hear from our team soon via e-mail. 

MarkVanHare
    Community Member

I am experiencing the same exact issue.  I just submitted another case on this.

I see that it has been 17 days.  Is there any resolution on this issue.  I am under a development deadline as I imaging Dave is.  Any updated information would be greatly appreciated.  At this point I may need to go into Canva to build this training because Storyline 360 is not working.  My case number is 03106458.

Thank you

• Thank you, Mark. 

I can see that Lejan is already taking a look, and you should be hearing from them soon.

DaveStrobl-9653
        Community Member

Mark,

I converted the .svg files to .png and reimported. Allowed me to complete the project but I am still experiencing the issue. Articulate Technical support told me it was and Adobe issue however I am afraid I am not convinced. 

• Of course, Mark. Your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

• I have had this issue too, i feel it is definitely an Articulate bug and not an external program. As I have had other SVGs shown in the preview and published that are different than the actually SVG. 

MichaelButle610
      Community Member

It's a shame cos being able to use SVgs would allow for clearer images and resizing of images without worry. However, if I cant feel confident that this bug won't happen I won't use them. Also, the bug is not consistent, sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't, making me less confident to use SVgs in my work. 

• I've just gone to png files as it takes too long to troubleshoot when the error occurs.

MichaelButle610
      Community Member

Yer that's what I'm doing at the moment, where there is a bug, just replacing with PNG.

• I also replace SVGs with PNGs whenever there's an issue. I don't have time to troubleshoot in SL when the SVGs open in the browser fine on their own.