Forum Discussion

NielsVollrath-5
Community Member
2 months ago

Text Cut off on top

Ever since Storyline has new text box options, I have issues with them. 

The issue is usually with large Text. 

In this example I have an 96pt (at size 80 it still worked) size questionmark. As can see in example 1, the text box is way smaller than the font size and the very top is cut off. 

When I enlarge the text box, the font is cut off even further. 

I can't find a way to display the full questionmark. 

• Attachments didn't save for some reason. 

EricSantos
      Staff

Hello Niels,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue with the textbox. I ran some tests on my end, using a 96pt question mark. Here's a very short Peek recording of my tests without audio. The question mark still fits even with an upgraded project text.

Does the issue still occur when you use the default font, Open Sans? If not, what font did you use to reproduce the issue?

If the issue happens with any font and repairing Storyline doesn't improve things, please let me know, and I'd be more than happy to assist you further. You can also connect with us privately in a support case if you want more targeted help.

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi Niels,

I'm happy to jump in here!

Your text box looks different than Eric's because it appears you're using the Autofit Fixed Size setting. Please open the Format Shape window. Select Text Box, then, Allow text to overflow.

This should solve the issue! If not, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.