Forum Discussion

MelinaSonnek
Community Member
3 years ago

Trigger in articulate

Hello,

I would like to set triggers across slides in Storyline 360. I am creating a quiz with jokers, but they should only be used once. When the joker on one slide is clicked, the other jockers on the next slides should no longer be clickable. I wanted to do this with a trigger, but I can only select actions within the slide, not across slides. Is it possible that I can set triggers across slides. If yes, how?

Many thanks and greetings

Melina Sonnek

Mail: melinamaria.sonnek@verti.de

• you will need to set a variable when the joker is clicked, I would use a T/F variable and set to true when clicked. then you have a choice you can add a trigger on the timeline start of each slide to set the joker to disabled on condition your variable is true or set a condition on your on click trigger to only fire when the variable is false.

LunchTime
    Community Member

Yes, it is possible to set triggers across slides in Articulate Storyline 360 using the use of variables. You can create a Boolean variable, set its default value to "True", and use triggers to change its value to "False" when the joker is used on a particular slide. Then, on subsequent slides, you can add triggers to check the value of the variable and either enable or disable the joker based on its value. Here's a step-by-step guide:

1. Create a Boolean variable: Go to the "Variables" tab, click on "Add Variable", and create a variable named "joker Used" with a default value of "True".

2. Change the value of the variable on the first slide: Add a trigger to the joker button that changes the value of the variable "joker Used" to "False" when the joker button is clicked.

3. Check the value of the variable on subsequent slides: Add triggers to the joker buttons on subsequent slides that check the value of the variable "joker Used". If the value is "False", disable the joker button; if the value is "True", leave the button enabled.

This way, when the joker is used on the first slide, it will change the value of the variable, and subsequent slides will be able to check the value of the variable and disable the joker accordingly.