Forum Discussion

MahaSatuito
Community Member
2 months ago

Triggers Not Working - Object is Not Showing Up on a Dial Marker

I am trying to make triggers for pictures (text illustrations in .png) to appear at a certain point in my dial but some of it aren't showing.

I used this formula (Set State of Honeymoon Title to Normal When Main Dial turns, If it's value is between 5.41 and 5.61)

It worked for the first two triggers but not with the rest. Please tell me how to navigate.

Please see attached file below to see the file that I've been working on.

Also can you also enlighten me with the following feature:

1. I plan to add additional captions for the different stages I showed in the form of text and clickable buttons, is it easier to put it in layer or should I stick to just having the base layer?

2. How do I incorporate the use of sliders moving simultaneously with the dial I made. I got this idea from where I learned this dial walkthrough design but I can't seem to grasp how he did it from his video here: Nextless eLearning - Rotating Walkthrough - Sustainability and You

• Hello Maha, 

Happy to help!

I tested your project file and it looks like the issue was caused by the slide treating the 'End Title' and 'First Title' objects as the same object. 

I added another image to replace the End Title and the interaction appears to work as designed. 

For the additional captions, have you considered making lightboxes appear for the specific stages? Lightboxes are easy to use, and your learners can close them anytime to return to the main interaction and make another selection on the wheel. 

For the slider to move with the wheel interaction, all you have to do is ensure that both the when and the slider use the same variable. 

I've attached a corrected version of your course, as well as a version with a sample slider added to the interaction.

Let me know if you have any questions!