Forum Discussion

CristinaGarca-a
Community Member
4 months ago

Trouble changing button state from Hidden to Normal

Hello,

I have a slide with 2 topic set and a "summary" button. I have set up the summary button as hidden with variables. And what I want is that the button changes to Normal once the user has visited the 2 topics. So in the last slide of topic 2, I have set the variable: "Set Summary1 equal to True when the user clicks the "return" button. And in the menu slide I have: "Change state of "summary button" to Hidden When the timeline starts, if Sumary1 is equal to False.

The thing is, when I try and go back to the slide, I can see the button has changed to Normal because I am able to click on it, however it is not completely visible, I can't almost see it. I checked all the format states and it is all correct. 

Any idea about this? I have already tried lots of things and I am not able to do it.

Thanks for the help

• Troubleshooting is just guessing without seeing the .story file. If you upload it, someone might be able to solve the issue.

Here are the best practices for uploading a .story file:

• Only include slides that are related to the problem.
    • Be sure objects, layers, motion paths, and variables have meaningful names.
    • If there is proprietary content, replace or delete it. For example, replace proprietary text with “ipsum lorem” text.
  • Hi Judy,

Thank you for your response.

Of course. Is it possible to share it privately? I would need to solve this as soon as possible as I have a client waiting...

Thank you very much for the help.