Forum Discussion

GenevieveHogg
Community Member
4 months ago

Updating states of two objects

Hi everyone, I'm having a strange glitch with states in a Storyline file I'm working on.

I have a button on my base layer (button Z) leading to a layer with more content. The second layer has 2 buttons - when the user clicks button A it will change an image to "custom state A", button B will change the image to "custom state B". When both buttons A and B are in their visited state, button Z should change to a custom "completed" state.

The issue is that I can either have A and B change the image OR change button Z. When I set up all of the triggers, they will only change the image.

This is happening on multiple slides in the same project.

I've attached a .story file for reference. Any help is appreciated!

• Thanks Ron and Nedim! These are two great options to fix it. I'll play around and see which works best throughout my project.

• After poking at it a bit, I've also found a solution similar to Nedim's that allows the user to hop back and forth between the buttons as much as they want.

Make all of the buttons a button set, have the image change when the state is "selected" and the base layer button change when the state of all is "visited".

This works for any number of buttons without difficulty with scaling.