Forum Discussion

ViktoriiaLysa
Community Member
6 months ago

Vtt from video back in storyline

Hello everybody.
I`d would be really grateful for your help.
Recently, I published a storyline course in video format, which resulted in the creation of a folder containing two files: a vtt file and an MP4 file. I have translated the vtt file into another language and intended to replace the original vtt file with the translated version within the zip folder. However, an error occurred related to the image. I would appreciate your assistance in finding a solution to import the translated vtt file back into the storyline training. Thank you in advance.

• Hi Viktoriia, 

Thanks so much for reaching out. I'm sorry you ran into this snag when working with your translated vtt file. Happy to help!

• If you remove/replace the corrupted image and publish it again to Video, do you still experience the same error message?
    • Have you had a chance to check your Temp Files? You may be able to restart the process with this file. Here's how:

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline
      2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.
      3. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.
      4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline. 

Here are some recommended best practices you can do to prevent file corruption from happening again.

If you are still having trouble, feel free to share your files with us in this thread or privately in a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!