Forum Discussion

AlanWoontner-63
Community Member
5 months ago

Web page displaying on incorrect answer to quiz question

Hello, I am revising a test that automatically displays a web page that contains the correct answer.  I want to revise it using a link that to the page instead of it automatically displaying the page. I know how to create this link but I forgot what I did to make the web page display automatically when someone gets the wrong answer and I want to prevent that from happening. Can someone tell me how to do that? 

Thanks!

Alan

• Do you still have the original .story file containing all web objects on incorrect layers? If not, could you please download it from this thread and point out the specific slide with the web object you want to edit? I'm confident that the web address previously entered by the original author is still present. All you need to do is replace this link with a new one. Similar to the attached example of a random slide in your project.

• Here is the story file. Just to be clear I dont want to replace the web object, I want to delete it. Instead I am having the learner click on a link in the Incorrect Answer feedback window to access the web page (web object) Its much more user friendly to have the learner control the display of the web page as opposed to having it appear automatically, without prompting, when the learner gets the answer incorrect, which it does now

• Would you like to accomplish this task: click on a hyperlink in the Incorrect layer to open a web object containing the external link in a new window? Attached is an example.

• What happens when the learner gets an incorrect answer is first, they automatically see the remediation web page in a small browser window (which i didnt see in your recording but this in actuality happens,  and second when they click the link in the incorrect feedback window, the web page appears (which I do see in your recording) What I am trying to prevent from appearing is the first browser window that displays, make sense?

• Ok, I've created a brief video tutorial on preventing the initial browser window from displaying when the learner reaches the Incorrect layer after submitting an answer. When the learner clicks the link in the feedback box, the web object with the link is shown in a new window while the Incorrect layer remains displayed.

• Alternatively, to achieve the same outcome, you can remove the web object box entirely and adjust the "Open URL/file" trigger as demonstrated in the attached video. It's a simpler solution unless you specifically require it to be a web object.

• This is exactly what I was looking for. The 2nd demo is simple and effective

BTW is there any sound in your demos? I didnt hear any