Forum Discussion

23 days ago

Welcome to the New E-Learning Heroes!

Hello! I’m Ginger Swart, a Community Manager here at Articulate, and I’m thrilled to welcome you to our new E-Learning Heroes Community! Please check out this article to watch a walkthrough video of our site and our FAQ article for more information. 

The work to move to our new site started over a year ago. To prepare for this, we have migrated over 1.5 million community members, 2100+ articles, 970+ examples and downloads, and more discussion posts than I can count! We had a beta period with our Super Heroes, and we appreciate all of the feedback we received from them. But with that much content, we anticipate there will be some hiccups, so please use this discussion to let us know about any issues you find and any feedback you want to share with us.

I hope you’ll love the new community as much as I do!

MaRe
    Community Member

Nice work so far. But please bring back that the topic title is the subject line in the email notification. This way I could see directly whether I was interested in the topic of the notification or not without always having to click into the mail first. This "Subscription Update on Articulate - Community" as subject is so annoying!

Will_Findlay
      Community Member

I think part of what is annoying is that I am getting email notifications for things I never asked to be notified about.

Will_Findlay
      Community Member

I miss having the topic titles in the email subjects as well. It is annoying to open the messages now.

• Tim is so right about the need to be able to navigate.

It would really be nice to have back the participating icon. It makes it so much easier for non-staff to follow up with people we are helping on an on-going manner.

Still, there’s a lot to like.

Tim_
    Community Member

Will you be reintroducing the option to have page numbers on the discussion pages, rather than the hideous 'load more' style method of trying to navigate to older posts? Loading 10 at a time is just so slow for loading old posts you know you saw yesterday and wanted to contribute to - that's 50x click-wait-load-scroll-click-agains.  Ugh. Clicking back to page 7 or 8 then skipping to page 15 - works well, makes sense. If you can't do that, please add a setting in my profile for 'Show 100 posts per page' or similar.

Will_Findlay
      Community Member

We have this epic thread (915 responses!) we've been using to discuss Storyline in the Cornerstone LMS, and now it is pretty useless because there is no way to get to the newest messages.this epic thread

KarlMuller
        Community Member

You need to click the Follow (old subscribe) button at the top right of the thread.

Then you will get notifications of new message/replies.

• Hi TimArticulateTr, Unfortunately, that setting is not within our control to change right now, but it is on my feature request list for our platform provider. It does look like other customers of theirs have requested that as well, so hopefully, they'll change it. 

Ange
    Community Member

Hi Ginger,
    Looking good.  Maybe this is in the works, or I have missed the instruction. I cannot find an icon/button/text... to access my portfolio of courses in my Articulate account. Is that still something Articulate offers?

Thank you!

Ange
      Community Member

If anyone else is interested in where their Portfolios on Articulate have disappeared to, here is a response from Articulate support:

"Thank you for asking about our updated E-Learning Heroes community! The portfolio feature, which allows you to see a list of projects you’ve shared with the community, doesn’t exist yet. When it becomes available, we’ll announce it in the community. Let me know if you have any other questions. I’m happy to help!"