Forum Discussion

CarolDungan-4e5
Community Member
3 years ago

Why does copy/paste work so badly in SL360?

Honest question. A simple copy one thing and paste it somewhere else seems to throw Storyline 360 into fits on a regular basis. Sometimes it pastes what was copied two times back. Or not at all. And it takes a couple seconds to land the paste and then Storyline kind of cringes at the effort.

This is a no-brainer in other applications, including powerpoint, but maybe Storyline has some underlying issue with this particular basic function?

• Hi Carol,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing that you're running into issues with copy/paste in Storyline 360.

I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening with your permission. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

• Help -  I am running into the same issue.  I work locally, New Fast W11 computer.  When I try to cut and paste (or insert) graphics the graphic pops in but then freezes SL for 30 sec to 1 min.  before I can do anything with positioning the graphic or continuing to work on the file.

It would be helpful if we had an update to the outcome of this earlier discussion.  What did they find?

Any thoughts?

• Basically, copy - paste is not reliable in SL. As much as I can, I use duplicate, even if it means duplicating a slide, and deleting everything but the item I want to copy. For some inexplicable reason duplicate (which you would think is the same process,) seems to be more reliable. 

• Thanks for this insight. 

It does seem like the app has more issues handling new graphics (photos) lately than it used to.  This spans multiple computers, so not a specific issue to me.  I'll keep your experience in mind.