Forum Discussion

EdwardAgadja170
Community Member
3 months ago

Why is the Copy/Paste Function Inconsistent?

So, I'm trying to copy a group of objects that exist inside a state. This is a computer monitor. Unfortunately, when I paste it into another slide, the text is not in the same place on-screen, and a lot of the text objects end up dropping a line, and it just becomes messy.

I'm just trying to understand why it's not a seamless copy and paste of objects as it should be. Any experience with this issue?

I truly wish these truly unfortunate quirks that I continue to discover inside Storyline wouldn't continue to waste a lot of my time when it should simply just be a copy and paste of objects to continue development...

• objects were never intended to be inside states so that may be the reason, without  seeing the slide that is the best I can do

EdwardAgadja170
      Community Member

I'm sorry, but nothing that is possible in a software should be "unintended." If I can place a group of objects inside a state, then it should also be possible for me to copy and paste this entity. If Articulate can't account for this, then they should not make such an action possible

Unfortunately, I cannot share the content as it contains sensitive information

• If I may, I often get copy/paste problems, when I copy a text from a Word file, put the cursor in the comment section in Storyline and when I paste the text, it instead appears on the slide... when I clicked in the comment section with the line blinking...

• Without seeing it I cannot do much to help.

Articulate can sign an NDA if you want to raise a support case and then they can look at fixing it.