Peek videos not aligning with display

I'm fairly new to Articulate 360 and having trouble with Peek. After etting my frame to capture what I want, I create a video to walk my learners through using certain systems. The video that is available online after doesn't show the same framing. It capture to the left and lower side of the screen than the frame it shows when making the video. When walking through web links and systems, this means that all the clicks I make to show my learners where to go and how to use their systems are mis-aligned and sometimes look like I'm clicking on a different menu option. How to I make Peek capture exactly what I have in my frame?

7 Replies
Sarah Bezanson

Hi Alyssa,

Came back to this thread as the same issue is happening again. Still in Windows 10, this time with an external monitor. Every time, I'm framed up correctly but the cursor in the video that Peek captures is not aligned with the screen. I've attached an example. You can see that the frame is right, but the cursor is sitting in the middle of the screen, which doesn't show/teach learners where to click to access the pieces we want them to see. Can you provide any pointers on how to trouble shoot this?

Thank you!

Katie (Gokhshteyn) Riggio

Hi there, Ylva. I'm so sorry you're facing this obstacle!

What Scale and Layout setting are you using? (We recommend using 100%.) Here's how to check/change this setting:

1. Right-click your desktop and select Display settings.
  2. Click the Display tab in the upper left corner of the window that appears.
  3. Under Scale and layout, select 100% from the drop-down list.

Let us know if you see a difference after recording a screencast in Peek 360 again. We'll explore our next steps from there!