Forum Discussion

ZC-B0C03
Community Member
23 days ago

Closed Captions Only Displaying on First Line of Video

I'm experiencing an issue with the closed captions on my Storyline 360 imported videos. The captions only appear on the first line of the video and then disappear for the rest of the playback. This is happening even when I manually type the captions or try importing .srt or .vtt caption files. I recently updated Storyline 360 on August 27th, and this issue started occurring after that update. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've tried troubleshooting it but can't seem to find a solution. Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping this is just a temporary bug that will get resolved in a future update, but in the meantime, I'm struggling to get my videos properly captioned. Thank you in advance for your help!

JanetCC
    Community Member

I'm experiencing the same thing, after updating today (8/27). Do we need to roll back a version?

ZC-B0C03
    Community Member

Hi Janet... I rolled back to the previous version and it's fine.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Everyone,

We've released Update 91 this morning which includes a fix for when only the first line of closed captions is displayed. To take advantage of this fix, you can update your Articulate 360 desktop app.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional assistance!

• Thank you! I've been tearing my hair out with the only-the-first-line-has-CC problem today and am glad I checked E-learning Heroes. I'm working with LMS or 360 Review files and saw this behavior.    I updated through the Articulate launcher, and it works!  I had to remember then to recompile/re-render any problem Storyline again after installing the update.