download storyline file from Review

Hello, 

Is there any way to download a file from Review after publishing it to Review?  I ask as I am working on a storyline 360 project, published to review for my team to review, and then my computer crashed.  Our IT was not able to recover any files from my computer.  So the training is in Review, but I don't know if I can get the file from there some how.  Is that possible? 

Thank you

3 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hello there, Erin!

There isn't a way to download a source file from Review 360, but it may help to see if the .story file is in your temp files:

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline 
  2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of the project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop. 
  3. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story. 
  4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline. 

We're also tracking requests for such a feature, so I'll make sure our report is up to date with your voice. Here's a look at how we prioritize such ideas!

Erin June

Hi Katie,

Thank you for your assistance. Unfortunately, the computer that I was working on completely crashed, and is no longer accessible.  I am now using a whole new computer, and it appears what you suggested is searching within the computer.  Please let me know if this should not be the case as I may be doing something wrong. 

Thank you for your time, I believe this would be a great feature.  We do backup to a cloud, but apparently it isn't instant.

Katie Riggio

Hi, Erin!

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that the other computer is no longer accessible. If there isn't content created with the new machine yet, the temp file search may be empty since Storyline content is stored locally.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know. We'll also update you if there's any forward movement on such a feature in Review 360!