2 different articulate rise courses not being able to open

Nov 13, 2018

Hello Articulate,

I have two courses that I've been using the same links for the past month without issue. We publish web based and have multiple projects that have never had an issue opening. Today I made modifications to two courses and it was those two courses that now wont open. They get stuck on "Your course is loading. Hang tight."

I have changed nothing that I would normally do for edits. I am using chrome to open and have successfully seen previewed and shared on articulate review. 

Could you please guide me.

Kind regards,

Eric

7 Replies
DLD 1

I've also just tried to publish another course that I have working on a different link but cannot get it to load on the test link. Would this imply something is wrong with the publishing in rise? The server is still hosting the other elearning packages without issue, and the material in the latest publish is the exact same and working on a different link. The only thing that's different is that I've published recently.

Martika Cox

Hi Eric,

I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble here.

The quickest way to resolve this issue is to have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here.

I also see that you're having trouble publishing in Rise at the moment. We're currently monitoring this issue and we'll update you as soon as we can. You can also check for updates on the Articulate Status Page.

Jeremy Kraemer

Similar issue here. I have a course that's been playing fine in our LMS. I recently went back to Rise to make an update, republished and now I get "your course is loading, hang tight." Anything newly published from Rise loaded into our LMS will not play.

I did submit a ticket on Nov 15, and followed up since, but have not received any help.

Case#: 01593730

Martika Cox

Hi Jeremy,

I'm sorry you're stuck here. Looks like our Support Team has been trying to get in contact with you. Try taking a look in your spam folder. If you can't find it there please let me know. In the meantime - here's the note from Support:

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for following up! It appears that you did not receive my initial reply and I've also attached the test course from my first reply.

I'll wait for your response and let me know if you need anything else!

Ryan Hung
Customer Support Engineer
Articulate Support - http://www.articulate.com/support/

Jarosław Nowacki
DLD 1

Hello Articulate,

I have two courses that I've been using the same links for the past month without issue. We publish web based and have multiple projects that have never had an issue opening. Today I made modifications to two courses and it was those two courses that now wont open. They get stuck on "Your course is loading. Hang tight."

I have changed nothing that I would normally do for edits. I am using chrome to open and have successfully seen previewed and shared on articulate review. 

Could you please guide me.

Kind regards,

Eric

DLD 1 Have you managed to solve this?

Jeremy Kraemer

After accidentally reporting myself :) I figured I'd reply with what we have found to work for our situation of newly downloaded courses not playing through our LMS. (Side note, this is foreign to me and our system engineer had to do it all)

We were instructed with the following. And it worked!

Rise content depends on .woff (Web Open Font Format) files to display fonts in Rise, and it's possible that the web server hasn't been configured to allow the download of .woff files.

If your web server is running IIS, you may need to add the .woff MIME type in IIS manager to serve this file type:

1. Open IIS Manager (Start >> Run >> type inetmgr, then hit enter).

2. Select the root node from the connections pane. Double-click MIME Types from the features pane.

3. Click on Add link in the Actions pane. This will open up a dialog box. Enter .woff as the file extension, specify application/font-woff as the corresponding MIME type, and click the OK button.

Here's the link where we found the instructions.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise/fonts-change-to-times-new-roman-when-course-is-published-from-rise#reply-514935

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.