A "simple" way to include Maths equations inline

Mar 28, 2024

Hi all,

I struggled with this for a few weeks now so thought I'd share my solution to adding equations in Rise that display inline and without the need for images, as I see from the discussions that many have the same issues I did. As someone with a degree in Maths and who works with a lot of Math topics, it was very important to me to get the equations to display correctly, or I would have needed to find another programme to create these courses in.

Here is an image of an example I created in Rise for a Maths Vectors and Calculus course:

Equations in Rise

The initial equations were created using the equation editor in Word. I then copied the equation and pasted as plain Unicode in the online converter: UnicodeMathML Playground (murrayiii.github.io) The unicode is then converted to inline equations in a separate block on the page and you simply copy the equation displayed straight into Rise! It does take longer than using an equation editor but until Articulate create that feature this is an excellent workaround! 

Note: Fractions do not display well using plain Unicode so you may still need to use images when inserting fractional equations or expressions.

Hope this helps.

1 Reply